The Highlights of the Year
- Successful Green Energy Forum to showcase options available under new Feed-In-Tariff scheme
- The Call of the Wild meeting with RSBP and Geoff Meaden
- Chicken Count & 'Home Runs's
- New Format monthly meetings with a wide range of speakers, films and discussions.
- Transition Town all-day workshop
- Co-organised Deal's Zero Carbon Concert
- Several Deal Beach Cleans
- Stalls all around the district
- Launch of our local Food Campaign - Delicious Deal
A special thanks to Rosie Rechter for holding us all together, our current organising group members and to past members Becky and Jeremy for their great support .
This year's programme:
- Delicious Deal food initiatives planned - Deal Garden Share, Guerrilla Gardening, Community Gardens and Wildlife friendly gardening. Food Mapping & nutrition, cooking your own, basic baking and real bread.
- Energy Group - ideas for a Green Energy Fair, Exploring options community generation and coops for PVs and Understanding what it takes to Power Deal.
- Transport Group - building on our work on local trains, bus services and car sharing. Supporting the new Cycle Forum and colleagues in Trains4Deal
- Waste Group - get the group going (come to our meeting on the 22nd Feb)
- We will be looking a larger event in the Autumn on Transition and local food
We are have two vacancies on the committee - so if you want to do a bit more or have an green idea you want to make happen contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
This year’s committee is:
· Rosemary Rechter (Co-ordinator), Victoria Nicholls (Secretary), Helen Reeve Stoffer (Treasurer)
· Charles Franklin, Sue Delling, Sarah Gleave & Steve Wakeford