The highlights in the past year have been:
- The very popular ‘Celebrate Your Deal’ event headlining local produce & green issues
- The packed meetings with Caroline Lucas, MEP and Michael Meacher MP
- Film showings of the ‘Age of Stupid’ at the Pines Calyx
- The groups involvement in the district council’s Local Development Strategy
- Working with the Energy Saving Trust to get local home energy audits.
The meeting agreed the following priorities for the Group in 2010:
- To become a supporter of Fair Trade
- To work towards Deal gaining ‘transition town’ status
- To support and extend the campaigns on transport and especially local train provision
- Establishing more local links with villages and other local organisations
- Re-run the ‘Celebrate Your Deal’ in October
- Organise meetings on Home energy in March and the impact of Climate change on wildlife (with the RSPB) in April.
· Rosemary Rechter (Co-ordinator), Victoria Nicholls (Secretary), Helen Reeve (Treasurer)
· Becky Lythgoe, Sue Delling, Sarah Gleave & Steve Wakeford (Publicity)