The Kent and Medway Green Deal Partnership are offering Energy Champion Training for community representatives interested in becoming Energy Champions in their local areas.
· Thursday 23, 30 May and 6 June, 9.15am for a 9.30am start to 2pm at Canterbury, venue TBA
Further details of the venues will be sent after registration on the course.
The training will cover:
· Why energy and water efficiency are important
· How you can save energy and what schemes are available to help householders
· How you can engage with local people and help spread the word
Being an energy champion is about being prepared to engage with your local community to promote of energy efficiency and provide basic energy efficiency advice within your community. Activities might include:
· Leafleting homes
· Sharing own experiences at events such as open sessions in a community hall, on an exhibition stand, or in schools
· Supporting project meetings
More details from Kirsty.Foreman@kent.gov.uk