This is a twice yearly event for an informal networking between all transition groups in East Kent.
Today's event was at the Stream Walk Community Garden hosted by Transition town Whitstable. There was about 35 people from transition groups & projects in Whitstable, Canterbury, Dover, Ashford and Deal. 12 DWIers manged to attend.
The garden is subject to both flooding from the stream and drought - so an interesting site grow things on.
Laid out on good permaculture principles with nice features like compost toilet, education area and Facebook site
Jo Barker from Canterbury TT faciliated the afternoon and spoke about the Permaculture International Conference in 2015 & how we could get involved https://www.permaculture.org.uk/IPCUK
From the round up:
- Eco screenings
- Workshops on inner transition
- Transition Streets at Addisham
- Book swap
- Bike mend coming up
- as well as the Stream walk...
- Library Beds site in the centre of town
- Timebanking project
- Social Business network via blue banana
- Community Garden got funding & go ahead from DDC
- Eden Project coming to Greening Dover 7th June
- Deal has ended its status as the oldest muller in transition and now is 'offical'
- Deal station Community garden expansion on platforms
- Started 3 pop-up meadows on waste land in the town
- 2nd year of the Landmark Community Garden on the High Street of Year (!)
- Deal Seedy Saturday seed & plant swap on 22nd May
- Deal beach clean on 4th May
- Energy Fair in October
- Attending the Eco-fair in Canterbury on 17th May
Many thanks to our hosts at Whitstable and our car sharers from Deal.